With the general pace of life inevitably quickening, it now becomes extremely challenging to make time for all the critical aspects of a person’s life: friends, family, leisure, and career. For this reason, more and more people have become interested in mail order bride services, as a great option of finding a perfect match within a short period of time.
Dating Sites To Find Foreign Woman
But does this method actually work in today’s society? Our best analysts and experienced psychologists have already inspected the mail order marriage statistics and are ready to share with you the most essential facts to know about this type of relationship.
In this article, you’ll find all the information about mail order brides, how this system works, and if it’s really worth trying. Let’s get it started!
What Is a Mail Order Bride?
Before we dive into the numbers, it’s essential to define the concrete sense of a mail order bride. According to Dictionary.com, a mail order bride is “a woman who solicits or accepts a contractual marriage arranged by an agency or brokerage after a period of long-distance courtship, traditionally by written correspondence.” In other words, that’s a woman that commits to a relationship via specific dating services which propose her candidacy and lots of others for their clients, mostly represented by men audiences.
Mail Order Bride Facts: Stereotypes vs Reality
After you know what is a mail order bride, you’ll certainly want to clarify the following: “Do mail order marriages work?” Our best experts have covered the most common stereotypes about the mail order wives and the real facts regarding mail order bride statistics that only a few people are aware of.
Features Comparatively Low Divorce Rates
According to the Bernard College psychological research, the divorce rate of mail order marriages with a courtship period of more than 4 months varies between 35.8 to 41.3 percent. To compare, the 2019 American Community survey, the best estimate, based on projections, says that around 45 percent of marriages ended in divorce.
People tend to think these marriages are faked, but in fact, they are much more stronger and reliable compared to the traditional ones.
Is Much Easier Yet More Time-Effective
Though most of the stereotypes find it nearly impossible to find true love via mail order bride’s services, the real situation says otherwise. With the right mindset and a clear understanding of the mail order bride industry, you have all the chances to find your true love there.
Also, the mail order marriage statistics show that the stereotype of “all the mail order brides are gold diggers” is complete nonsense! Most of those girls simply don’t have a chance to find the exact person they want to commit a relationship with within their life – and that’s the basic reason for them to try dating agencies.
Is Quite Expensive But Not Overpriced
The standard options you’ll need to pay for includes:
- finding the mail order bride
- flights to her country and back
- partner’s relocation
- gifts and flowers
- K1 visa, also known as fiance visa (if needed), and more
For sure, that seems quite expensive at first, but it’s certainly worth its money. In fact, the regular marriage with all its dates, common leisure and other spendings can be even more expensive! However, in the case of mail order brides, you are more than certain your potential wife is ready for family life and takes your relationship seriously.
Mail Order Marriage Statistics: Insights You Might be Surprised With
To clearly understand the real situation with mail order marriage statistics, let’s dive into the numbers of analysis.
- According to Anastasia Date, the dating agency established in the early 1990s and has been taking the leading positions in this scope, the highest traffic grew (about 220% of the increase) in mail order wife services was in 2012: the clients logged over 360 million hours on the website!
- The Center of Immigration Studies reported over 10,000 mail order bride marriages annually registered in the United States.
- There are over 400 international dating agencies in the US targeted at providing specific matching services for men and women.
- In the Philippines, the business of organizing or enhancing the mail order marriages between their Filipino woman and foreigners are prohibited since 1990 (it’s also known as “Anti-mail Order Bride Law” and “Anti-Mail Order Spouse Act”)
- Around 65% of women who are looking for a foreign husband using mail order wife agencies are between the ages 21-32.
- There is a huge increase in Russian mail order brides reported by dating agencies (this tendency is based on the statistics of 8 men for every 10 women in this country)
- Over 90% of all the women from East-Europe (Russia, Poland, Belarus, Ukraine, etc.) are employed and perform up to 52% of the labor force. However, their overall status in society is still underestimated, which consequently stimulates them to look for international marriage.
- The average client of a mail order bride platform is a man of the age 35+ to 60, with the annual income starting at $100,000 and the strong conviction of being fed up wasting his time on the typical dating scenes. The main goal he wants to complete using the dating services is to find a spouse that is ready for family life and will be able to take care of him.
These diverse marriage facts and statistics can give you plenty of insights on how this industry works, what’s the core idea and purposes of these services.
Most Widespread Countries for Mail Order Bride
Most international dating agencies provide a wide range of decent candidates from any part of the world. Let’s now uncover which countries are the best for finding mail order brides!
Best Eastern European Countries to Find a Spouse
The brides from Eastern Europe are greatly famous for their beauty, caring, and hard-working, which makes them just perfect candidates for international marriage. The most common countries to find a bride are:
- Russia. Their diverse appearance, nice flavors, and strong instincts to handle the household chores and raise children are some of the core points when setting up a happy family.
- Ukraine. These brides have more European values and wider horizons of views. At the same time, they know how to wisely operate the spendings and always try to make the best investments into the family’s health and well-being.
- Belarus. These brides have a stunning appearance, are pretty smart and responsible. Also, they’re good at household chores and can operate different tasks at the same time!
Best European Countries to Find a Spouse
If you want to easily find a wife in Europe, check out the following list of countries:
- Poland. These girls have mixed values: those of Slavic brides and European views. Polish women tend to be more independent and straightforward and can effortlessly combine the home and working routines.
- Hungary. The brides from Hungary can dedicate all their time to raising the children and carrying about man’s well-being, which makes them a really nice option as the mail order brides.
Best Asian Countries to Find a Spouse
- Vietnam. A new destination of finding a beautiful, delicate yet exotic wife, which obeys the cultures of her nation and the ones of her husband as well.
- China. The world’s largest “brides market” to search for the ideal bride. Chinese women know how to respect and appreciate their husbands, are extremely good at cooking and running all the household chores. At present, the modern Chinese wife also pays huge attention to the children’s education and her personal career growth, which is ideal for those looking for a proactive bride.
- India. These beautiful candidates know how to create a cozy and homely atmosphere in a family yet know how important a strong marriage is. The choices within a country are extremely wide, so you can certainly find the best bride to commit a relationship with.
What Is the Real Mail Order Bride Success Rate?
The United States Citizenship and Immigration Services reports that the marriages organized or facilitated by mail order bride agencies are less likely to end up with a divorce compared to regular marriages. In fact, over 80% of these relationships have lasted over the years! And that is why we can see over 8,000 – 10,000 couples register their marriage each year only in the U.S.!
So, do mail order brides exist? Absolutely. Are there any mail order bride success stories that can ensure this type of relationship actually works? Of course, there are! Based on these numbers provided by the US government, it’s more than clear that this type of relationship works really well for anyone looking for the best match online.
How Many Mail Order Marriages End in Divorce?
Unlike regular marriages, the mail order type of marriage is less likely to end up with a divorce in the United States: on average, the mail order bride divorce rate varies between 35.8 and 41.3% with the courtship that lasted more than 4 months. Compared to the overall divorce rate in the USA that stays at a 48% rate, it’s a comparatively positive dynamic that makes the international online dating services a potential competitor to the regular relationship model.
Do Mail Order Sites Still Exist?
For sure, they do! At present, you can easily find the local and international dating services that provide you with a wide range of brides you’ll definitely get interested in. However, keep in mind: the more popular platform you’ll choose, the better services you want to use, the higher price you should expect for online dating services.
How Many People Use Mail Order Bride Services?
The number of people that use international online dating services can vary depending on their popularity and audiences. On average, there are nearly 3,000 sites worldwide, with some of them feature averages of 2.6 million visitors per month!
To conclude, now you can see the real situation of the mail order bride relationship facts and statistics and can surely understand its core basics and major benefits. No matter which agency you’ll use and what type of woman you’ll prefer to commit a relationship with: setting up a clear objective and defining the main traits you expect to see in your potential bride are the key points to creating a successful marriage.